Today I heard an inspiring interview with American artist Wayne Wright on Q on CBC radio. He is best known for his work designing puppets and sets for Pee Wee's Playhouse but he has gone on to do a range of creative projects. He features in a documentary about his work called "Beauty is Embarrassing". In the trailer (below) he says at one point that something is "so beautiful it hurts my feelings". I strive to be that vulnerable to beauty. I can't wait to see the documentary.
I accompanied my mother-in-law to an appointment this week. On the paper, preparing her for the appointment, it invited her bring along something to read or a small craft. As soon as I heard about this invitation to bring a small craft into an otherwise austere waiting area, my mind started to do bouncing somersaults in many different directions. Googly eyes? Glue gun? Feathers? Play clay? Friendship braclets?
ooh, looks good... will check it out ...
ReplyDelete